Did you know that psychedelics first gained traction back in the 1960s? After having been classified as a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance, we are now watching it resurface as a potential treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression, among others. As this is being written, human studies are being conducted to enlighten society on the medicinal powers of mushrooms.
Of course, the legality of things worldwide is likely to vary, but wouldn’t it be nice to step into the shoes of mycologists and mushrooms enthusiasts to see why it is that they are so fascinated by their existence? If the answer is yes, we’ve got you covered. A recently recognized filmmaker appears to have rounded up experts for an upcoming summit called “The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit.” Here’s everything that we could muster on its content, speakers, and prices, among others!
What is The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit?
The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit is a free, weekend virtual summit hosted by Fantastic Fungi filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg. A film that has been liked by 94% of Google users, Louie walked his audience through a time-lapse journey of the magic and mysteries of the medicinal world of fungi, all while promoting their healing properties, sustainability, and regeneration of life on Earth. As well-received as the film was, The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit is expected to reveal different perspectives of the world of psychedelics and is trusted to build upon his film. Below are a couple of words from Louie himself:
“15 years ago, I embarked on an incredible journey of making a film about mushrooms, taking the audience on a journey through time itself and making the invisible visible. Today, I’m very humbled by the global response for The Fantastic Fungi and its ability to catalyze the global movement […] Now I’m really thrilled to be taking the wisdom from below the ground to above the ground, through the mushroom portals and having real intimate conversations, topics, and everything fungi.”
Are you interested in finding out more? Well, let’s begin by enquiring into how things have been laid out for this summit and what’s in store in terms of knowledge delivery.
How has The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit been structured?
According to Louie, The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit has been structured in such a way that allows the audience to experience virtually live panels, Q&As, cooking demos, live music, and the effect of different mushrooms on the human body. During the actual summit, eight chatrooms/break rooms will be available for people to hop into. These include Health & Wellness, Community Education, Forage to Table, Summit Live Events Amphitheater, Art Fungallery, Psychedelic Hut, Mycelium Lounge & Chat, and Environment Solutions. Having said that, the free summit also provides 5- to 10-minute-long clips from each of the speakers in Voices from the Underground.
Individuals will have to consider premium content for longer content (typically an hour long), where experts dive into consciousness, psychedelics, and mental health. Moreover, discussions constitute the environmentalist and mycologist perspectives into psychedelics, introducing chefs, foragers, innovators, artists, and disruptors. Ultimately, individuals will have to decide whether the free access suffices for them or whether premium access is preferred.
Who will be speaking at The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit?
Over 40 speakers will be coming together for The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit. Below is a list of speakers by topic of discussion:
Authors, Leaders, & Consciousness
- Michael Pollan, Author & Journalist
- Deepak Chopra, Author & Speaker
- Francoise Bourzat, Guidance Counselor
- Dr. Mark Hyman, Doctor & Author
- Dr. Andrew Weil, Doctor & Author
- Jack Kornfield, Author & Buddhist Practitioner
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse, International Speaker
- Dacher Keltner, Professor of Psychology
- Dennis McKenna, Ethnopharmacologist
- Alexandre Tannous, Ethnomusicologist
- Michael Beckwith, Spiritual Leader
- Jeremy Narby, Author & Anthropologist
Psychedelics & Mental Health
- Dr. Daniel Kelly, Neurosurgeon
- Anthony Bossis, Ph. D, Clinical Psychologist
- Dr. Maya Shetreat, Neurologist & Author
- Rollan Griffiths, Ph. D, Neuroscientist
- Paul Austin, Microdosing Coach
- Rick Doblin, Director of M.A.P.S.
- Bob Jesse, Author & Researcher
- Stephen Ross, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry
- Charles Grob, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science, UCLA
- Dick Simon, Philanthropist & Advocate for Psychedelic Medicines
- Robin Carhart-Harris, Head of Psychedelic Research, Imperial College of London
- Anna Bjurstam, Founding Board Member of Global Wellness Institute
Environmentalists & Mycologists
- Paul Stamets, Mycologist & Author
- Suzanne Simard, Clinical Psychologist
- Paul Hawken, Author & Activist
- Giuliana Furci, Leader & Activist
- Merlin Sheldrake, Author & Mycologist
- Natalie Kelley, Actress & Activist
- Elinoar Shavit, Author & Ethnomycologist
Chefs & Foragers
- Britt Bunyard, Ph. D, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief of the Mycology Journal
- Rick Bayless, Celebrity Chef
- Eugenia Bone, Chef & Author
- Spike Mendelsohn, Chef & Author
Innovators & Disrupters
- Jay Harman, Scientist & Biomimicry Inventor
- Tradd Cotter, Author & Microbiologist
- William Padilla-Brown, Mycologist & Entrepreneur
- Bob Hendrikx, Inventor & Biodesigner
- Adam Gazzaley, M.D., Ph. D, Neuroscientist & Inventor
Artists & Visionaries
- Ryland Engelhart, Filmmaker & Activist
- Jeremiah Fraites, Composer & Musician
- Tania De Jong, Singer & Performer
- Jon Ching, Artist
- Jason Silva, Filmmaker & Futurist
- Rob Garza, Musician, Co-Creator of Thievery Corporation
- In-Q, Poet & Performance Artist
- Elijah Allan-Blitz, Actor & Filmmaker
When is The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit scheduled to take place?
The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit has been scheduled between Friday, October 15, 2021, and Sunday, October 17, 2021. By registering today with an email address, individuals can expect three bonus videos before the big day. This has been considered to provide a basic introduction to the world of psychedelics and some of the areas it can tend to. Once registered, an email confirmation from email@example.com will make its way to one’s inbox. Lastly, individuals will have to visit the website and login using their emails actually to join the event. To sign up for The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit today, click here.
How much does The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit cost?
The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit is a free-for-all event; however, for people who would prefer to have access to the complete series of The Voices from the Underground, which entails premium content filled with full-length conversations with over 40 top experts, the early bird price of $99 needs to be paid. Registrations closer to the event will increase the aforesaid rate to $149.
To sum things up, $99 is equivalent to getting:
- An intimate talk with Louie, “Alex & Allison Grey.”
- An exclusive Q&A “Best of” video from the Fungi World Tour featuring Paul Stamets, Michael Pollan, Louie Schwartzberg, doctors, scientists, and true stories of mental health healing and miracles
- Four exclusive short films
- Discount codes on all things fungi, from food right down to merchandise
As you might have gathered from above, The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit is a weekend-long summit that allows the audience to submerge into the endless health benefits of considering the likes of psychedelics. Given the intense attraction towards mushrooms, today and their potential to ease and heal mental health symptoms, now is the time to really sit down and see what experts admire about them.
An eccentric feature belonging to this respective summit is the wide range of experts from diverse industries. It is rarely the case that we have a neurosurgeon and neuroscientist at the same table as artists, disrupters, and chefs. Clearly, Louie did a splendid job at reaching out to his connections. That said, while the entirety of The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit is meant to be free, people who would much rather gain access to deeper and more meaningful content can do so at the current going price of $99.
The major highlight in terms of price is the difference in video content. For instance, someone who joins for free might get a maximum of 10 minutes, while a premium holder can sit back and absorb hour-long conversations. Our editorial team believes that the latter can paint a wholesome picture of psychedelics, while the former is a sufficient glimpse into the world. Of course, choosing between the two rests in one’s personal preferences and yearn for knowledge.
In general, we believe the criterion of “value for money” is met here solely based on the content, the recognition that Louie has garnered in capturing mushrooms through his film, and undoubtedly, the guest speakers. Could you imagine taking a movie that has already been mastered and elevating it out of this world? Well, this is exactly what The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit aims to achieve! For more information on The Fantastic Fungi Global Summit and how to prepare oneself for the upcoming explosion of knowledge, visit here>>>.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team and please know we only recommend high quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely a substitute for sound medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. Make sure to consult with a professional physician before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary as the statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.