A gold investment retirement account is a great way to protect your retirement income. The account works in the same ways as IRA accounts. However, a gold IRA allows you to invest in physical gold and other precious metals instead of paper assets. With a gold IRA, you can protect your retirement savings in the form of authorized valuable metals: gold, palladium, platinum, and silver.
Investing in gold IRAs is a way of hedging your investment portfolio against inflation and market volatility. If you are looking to diversify your retirement savings with precious metals, you may consider investing with GoldCo, an award-winning gold IRA provider.
What is GoldCo?
Founded in 2006, GoldCo is an award-winning precious metal wholesaler and gold IRA provider. The firm is committed to helping clients get a deeper understanding of investing in precious metals. GoldCo aims to help customers protect and diversify their retirement savings with gold IRAs.
With a GoldCo gold IRA account, you can diversify your IRA, 401(k), TSP, and other qualified retirement accounts into gold and silver, thereby protecting your savings from future stock market crashes, government debt, and runaway inflation. GoldCo also offers direct sales of gold and silver to its customers.
Investing with GoldCo
Investing in gold, silver, and other precious metals can be a good choice for investors who want to avoid volatility in the stock and bond market. It is also an attractive option for investors who prefer tangible items over shares in a company whose value depends on business growth.
If you want to balance the volatility of bond and stock markets, investing in precious metal IRAs may be ideal. A gold IRA allows you to hold tangible assets in your investment portfolio.
GoldCo offers a range of precious metals funded IRA products and services, all backed by a buyback program that allows you to sell your metals back to the company if you desire. GoldCo sells the metals in the market, and you receive distributions from your account.
The company has an experience of over a decade and has been recognized as one of the country’s top 5000 fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine. GoldCo understands the exceptions made to the IRS-collectible rule by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 and only sells IRS-approved coins and bars.
GoldCo’s customer service team has over a decade of experience with the IRA process. They assist the users with selecting IRS-approved precious metals IRA products and custodial and storage services.
GoldCo Products & Services
GoldCo can help clients roll over their qualified retirement accounts into gold and silver IRAs. GoldCo also acts as a broker for buying and selling silver and gold. GoldCo does not work as a custodian for your existing IRA account. They partner you with their recommended custodian and assist you with the relevant paperwork for smooth processing. They also help customers with retirement account rollovers.
Once the paperwork has been completed, GoldCo helps you select IRS-approved coins and bullion to include in your gold or silver IRA. GoldCo’s specialist coordinates the purchase of metals with the custodian and delivers them to the storage facility. Some of the products and services offered by GoldCo:
- Gold IRA – GoldCo helps users set up an IRA funded with IRS-approved precious metals. This is somewhat similar to a traditional individual retirement account, except the investment is made in precious metals rather than paper assets like equities or bonds.
- Silver IRA – While GoldCo allows investors to fund their accounts with all four precious metals, they primarily offer gold and silver for funding. If you want to grow your wealth with a precious metal IRA, you may want to open a silver IRA, as silver can provide higher investment returns than gold.
- 401(k) Rollover – You can roll over your traditional IRA or Roth IRA into a precious metal IRA with GoldCo.
- Traditional and Roth IRA Planning – GoldCo has a wealth of information to assist you with traditional and Roth IRA planning. The firm’s specialists walk you through the difference between Roth and traditional IRA plans and help you choose a plan that best meets your needs.
- Simple IRA Planning – GoldCo also provides assistance regarding simple IRAs, and their specialists walk you through all the dos and don’ts of investing in gold and silver Simple IRAs.
- SEP IRA Planning – GoldCo’s specialists also help you learn more about SEP IRAs. You can discover all the information on contribution restrictions and qualification criteria.
GoldCo Featured Products
GoldCo offers several gold coins that you can purchase for an IRA. GoldCo also offers gold bars that are IRA eligible, as well as some silver coins and bars. They do not offer any platinum or palladium coins or bars.
- Gold American Eagle – Type 1: The Gold American Eagle is the official gold bullion coin of the U.S., with a face value of $50. It is a 22-karat gold produced and minted by the US Mint.
- Gold American Eagle – Type 2: The Gold American Eagle type 2 is a newer version of the official gold bullion of the United States. It is a 22-karat gold coin with a face value of $50.
- Gold American Eagle Proof: The Gold American Eagle Proof is the no-frills version of the American gold bullion coin by the US Mint. It was produced with 1oz. of 22k purity gold and had a face value of $50.
- Gold Australian Striped Marlin: The Gold Australian Striped Marlin is a legal tender issued by The Perth Mint. It has a face value of $25 (AUD) and is struck from ¼ oz. of 99.9% gold. It symbolizes tenacity, commitment, and perseverance.
- Gold Maple Leaf: The Gold Maple Leaf was minted from 1 oz. of 99.9% pure gold in 1979 by the Royal Canadian Mint to meet the demand for investment-grade bullion coins. It is valued at $50 (CAD).
- American Gold Buffalo: The American Gold Buffalo is minted from 1 oz. of .9999 fine pure gold. It is the first 24-karat gold bullion coin issued in the US, with a face value of $50.
- Gold American Bald Eagle: The Gold American Bald Eagle is valued at $25. It was minted from ¼ oz of .9999 pure gold by the Perth Mint.
- Gold Military Guinea: Gold Military Guinea is one of the most recognized coins of the colonial world, with a face value of $25. It was minted from ¼ oz. of .999 fine pure gold by the East India Company of London.
- Gold Freedom Coin: The New Zealand Mint minted the Gold Freedom Coin from ¼ oz. of .9999 pure gold. The coin commemorates the 135th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty and is valued at $25.
- Gold Freedom and Hope: The Gold Freedom and Hope coin was released to mark 245 years since the Declaration of Independence. It is made from a total weight of 454.9 grams of pure gold by the Royal Dutch Mint. Valued at $25, The Gold Freedom and Hope represents growth and development.
- Gold Lucky Dragon: The Gold Lucky Dragon is made from ¼ oz. of .9999 pure gold by the Royal Canadian Mint. The $10 Canadian coin symbolized prestige and fortune.
- Gold Australian Saltwater Crocodile: The Gold Australian Saltwater Crocodile is minted by The Perth Mint from .9999 fine pure gold. Valued at $25, the coin represents Australia’s ferocious Saltwater Crocodile.
- Gold British Lunar Series: The Gold British Lunar Series is a series of gold coins created by the Royal Mint of the United Kingdom. Valued at £25, each coin pays tributes to one of the 12 creatures that make up China’s zodiac every year.
Account Minimums & Fees
For a non-IRA purchase, the minimum investment limit is $3,500. If you open a precious metal account with GoldCo, you have to fund it with a minimum amount of $25,000.
GoldCo charges a flat annual fee of $180 instead of charging a percentage of held assets. They also offer fee refund promotions which are frequently mentioned on their website. The custodial and storage fees are dependent on the company you choose to handle your metals. The average storage fee charged by the depository ranges between $10 and $60 per month. You may also be charged a percentage of assets ranging from 0.35% to 1% annually, although you should contact GoldCo for further information.
How to Fund / Invest at GoldCo?
GoldCo’s customer service specialists can guide you through the sign-up process; however, it typically looks like this:
- Choose Your IRA: You can choose between different IRAs, such as traditional self-directed IRA, gold IRA, or self-directed Roth IRA. GoldCo’s specialists will help you choose the best IRA for your retirement savings. The best choice most typically depends on how long until you plan to retire.
- Determine The Funding Source: Once you select an account type, you have to figure out how you will fund it. You can use funds from other retirement accounts, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, and 403(b)s. You can rollover a portion of your savings into the new account.
- Choose Your Custodian & Complete The Paperwork: You will be required to choose an IRA custodian for your precious metals. You can either choose a custodian recommended by GoldCo or select your own. The company has two preferred custodians, namely Self Directed IRA Services and Equity Trust. Once you choose a custodian, you have to fill out the paperwork.
- Fund your new account: Once your account is established, you can start funding it. If you are rolling over funds from another retirement account, you can request the transfer by contacting that account holder. You may also want to consult with a tax advisor to ensure you comply with the IRS rules.
- Buy your metals: After you have funded your account, you must choose the IRS-approved silver and gold that you want to buy. GoldCo’s specialists can help you select the suitable metals for your IRA. They will also coordinate your physical metals’ purchase, shipping, and storage.
For further information on GoldCo’s products, or to ask any questions you may have, please reach out to their customer service department via one of the following methods: