That's not dialogue from some porn site, but the ramblings of Food Network superstars. Or, at least that's what I imagine them moaning in these cum shots on The Top 10 Food Network Foodgasms of the Year. Yes, Alton Brown 'gasms with his glasses on. That lineup from FoodNetworkHumor.com landed at the very top of the heap of my Top 10 favorite food Top 10 lists. Here's the rest of the best:
2. Part of a package on Jezebel called Top 10 Viral Stories of the Year, I ate up No. 3, What Fast Food Really Looks Like. It's not a pretty picture.
3. I like the Top 10 New Foods of 2010 from Huffington Post just because one of those items that made the list -- the Fried Peanut Butter, Banana and Bourbon Sandwich -- transported me back to the quirky cafe at Graceland, where a girl named Tequila made me one of Elvis's favorite sammies.
The King wouldn't cotton to bourbon in his Fried Peanut Butter and Naner Sandwich.
4. Who wants to cook their fast food faves at home? The people who came up with this list of Top 10 Secret Fast Food Recipes. Yes, I realize this list is from 2007. It's just too damn finger-licking good not to include.
5. Though it's not really a Top 10 list, I'm including New York Times critic Sam Sifton's "most delicious" lineup of things he ate in 2010. (Which includes a mention of a restaurant in Vancouver, B.C.) Mr. Sifton, who's got the best job on the planet, is the most entertaining critic The Times has had since Ruth Reichl was going deep undercover in the '80s.
6. You know I'm gonna toot our own horn here at Voracious and mention the Top 10 Blog Posts of The Year.
7. Just Eat It! Eat It... Eat It... Eat It... Get yourself an egg and beat it! Yes, Weird Al's version of Eat It sung to Michael Jackson's Beat It was No. 1 on Slash Food's Top 10 Food Songs of all time.
8. The slideshow of the Top 10 Desserts of 2010 on Serious Eats had me drooling on my keyboard. The big surprise? Not a cupcake in the bunch.
9. It's fun to look back this time of year and see what predictions issued in late 2009 actually bore fruit. The editors at Epicurious look like psychics on this list of Top Trends Of 2010. I sincerely hope the fried chicken trend continues to sizzle in 2011, don't you?