When it comes to the holidays there are generally two camps of eaters: traditionalists and
Credit: www.tvguide.com freaks adventurers. And now more than ever, people are really thinking outside the roasting pan, coming up with new ways to make their bird stand out from the Butterball crowd. We're not saying we condone all the nut job ideas, but we would have liked to be in the room when Clark cut open the following list of weird things to stuff in a turkey.
2. TallBoy Turkey: you may have heard of beer can chicken, that you can roast in the oven, but this concoction takes the concept to a new level. Clearly this isn't fitting in your oven, but have you heard about The Big Easy? Farm to Table? More like 7-Eleven to TV tray.
3. Alligator Dressing: It will never be normal for a larger animal to be stuffed inside a smaller animal. Don't try to confuse us with sauce, rice and Cajun seasonings. You can't actually think this looks or sounds normal. What is that sitting to the right, between the deboned turkey leg and yam, a finger?! I'll pass...
4. The Heavyweight: (I came up with the name myself, thankyouverymuch!) This record holder is a 12-bird roast that takes 10 hours to cook and can feed up to 125 people. The BBC reports, "The £665 creation consists of turkey on the outside, goose, chicken, pheasant, three ducks, poussin, guinea fowl, partridge, pigeon squab and quail."
5. The TurBacon: And the weird gets weirder. Whatever conversation led to this decision certainly involved copius amounts of alcohol and probably a bet or dare. Take a turkey, stuff it with a duck, chicken, a Cornish game hen, and a whole quail. Make sure the quail is bursting with bacon. Then, to ensure food poisening, stuff the whole thing into a pig and smoke it.
6. TurkeyHigh: No, we're not talking about that feeling you get right before the Tryptophan sets in. There is actually some dude who calls himself El Chefe, dedicating webisodes to working the green magic into every dish. What would the holidays be without your classic marijuana stuffing? (Warning: NSFW video)
7. Bea Arthur: Just when you thought there was no stone unturned, we find this glorious nugget. This is by far the best way to stuff a turkey - with a world class Comedienne. Take a Hen/Goose/Turkey costume trio, and stuff with three of the funniest ladies in comedy. Serve with a side of Estelle Getty in a Robin Hood get up and laugh your face off.