Could you eat this donut in under 80 seconds? Things I picked up last weekend in Portland:
10. Voodoo Donuts may claim to stay open
Could you eat this donut in under 80 seconds?Things I picked up last weekend in Portland:
10. Voodoo Donuts may claim to stay open 24-hour-a-day, but when they run out of donuts at midnight, they close down.
9. If you return seven hours later, you'll find a chipper staff and the biggest glazed donut you've ever seen.
8. If you finish said doughnut in less than 80 seconds, you get it for free.
7. If you get a lot of water down the the donut, I'm sure you'll fare better than I did.
6. Count Basie recorded a version of Hank Williams' "Your Cheatin' Heart."
5. The $3 happy hour burgers at the Doug Fir may be a little under done, but they get the job done.
4. Broadway Grill & Brewery's Mr. Toad's Wild Red Ale tastes just like October.
8. Maple bacon wedding cake is amazing.
9. I'd make the trip again just to smell the loading dock at the Franz Bakery. It smells just like cinnamon and raisins.
10. The rest of Portland smells like urine.
10 things I picked up on Voracious last week:
Chantal Anderson10. Bar 41's happy hour is worth checking out.
9. We've bought into the Julie & Julia hype.
8. Seattle has a caviar company.
7. Kitchen scars are bad ass.
6. So are barista tattoos.
5. Maggie Savarino really, really wants Vermouth to happen.
4. Washington State's finally pumping out whiskey again.
3. Storefronts are filling up on First Avenue. The recession must be over.
2. But we're still losing restaurants.
1. Fruit can be used as ice cubes.