Record Store Day has yielded some cool exclusives over the last couple of years, and this year is shaping up to deliver no different. Local providers of cool Sub Pop just announced this morning that they have teamed up with KEXP, and will be pressing 2,000 copies of Shabazz Palaces' summer 2011 in-studio performance (which you can watch below) at the station on glossy purple 12" vinyl. The label has also promised new music from Baltimore dream-pop duo Beach House (!) and Portland folkies Blitzen Trapper on limited edition 7" blue and yellow vinyl format respectively. A free sixteen-track Sub Pop sampler packed with rarities and new gems called Terminal Sales Vol. 5: Mixed Nuts will also be floating around RSD.
It all goes down April 21st at participating stores nation-wide. Needless to say, Seattle's indie record stores will be absolutely packed on this day, so set your alarm early if you hope to grab anything good. Check out Shabazz's in-studio performance, as well as all the vinyl specs after the jump.
"Lazuli" b/w "Equal Mind" 7" single
(Limited-edition of 2,400 copies on blue vinyl)
2. Equal Mind
"Hey Joe" b/w "Skirts on Fire" 7" single
(Limited-edition of 1800 on yellow vinyl)
1. Hey Joe
2. Skirts on Fire
Live at KEXP12" EP
(From the band's spectacular 2011 live session on KEXP, one of the station's most popular live sessions, limited-edition of 2,000 copies on purple vinyl)
1. bop hard (Bronny on a Breakaway)
2. An echo from the hosts that profess infinitum
3. a mess, the booth that soaks in palacian musk
4. free press and curl
Terminal Sales Vol. 5: Mixed Nuts
1. Shearwater "You as You Were" (demo version)
2. Memoryhouse "Walk With Me"
3. feedtime "rock n roll"
4. Spoek Mathambo "Kites"
5. THEESatisfaction "QueenS"
6. Poor Moon "People in Her Mind"
7. Retribution Gospel Choir "The Stone (Revolution!)"
8. Shabazz Palaces "bop hard"(From the Live at KEXP 12 EP)
9. Father John Misty "Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings"