A Roundup of Several New Year’s Eve Dinners and Events:
1. Find, “a DJ spinning, kegs flowing, bocce balls rolling, and sausages grilling all night long” at Von Trapp’s on New Year’s Eve. The party starts at 8 p.m. and includes a midnight balloon drop. $20 cover at the door.
2. Chef Derek Ronspies hosts a nine course tasting menu at Le Petit Cochon in Fremont. At last check reservations for two seatings were still available, call 206-829-8943 for more info. Read Nicole Sprinkle recent review of Le Petit Cochon here.
3. Over in Ballard, King’s Hardware is bringing in DJ Blazon Stone, “to channel the party vibes and spin a nonstop barrage of booty-shaking jams.” Wash your burger down with a champagne toast at midnight. No cover.
4. Walk a little further down Ballard Ave. to bagpipe in the new year at Macleod’s Hogmanay. Proprietor Alan Macleod is spinning old-timey Scottish tunes until bagpipers arrive at the pub before midnight. No cover.
5. Since we’re in the neighborhood, Bastille and Stoneburner are offering four champagne flights ranging from $14 to $29 and food specials on New Year’s Eve. Dinner reservations are recommended at both restaurants and can be made online.
6. In Bellevue, Monsoon East serves a New Year’s Eve feast starting at 5:00 pm. The $70 per person meal features Fuyu Persimmon & Asian Pear Salad, Braised Painted Hill Short Ribs and Double Happiness Dumplings. Call 425-635-1112 for reservations. Coincidentally, Monsoon in Capitol Hill offers the same celebratory menu, call 206-325-2111 for reservations.