For your mingling pleasure, five news items to get today’s culinary conversations started:
1. It's probably too late to score a brunch table for Mother's Day (although if you're in the mood to work the phone, Seattle Met's compiled a good list of restaurants making a fuss over the holiday), but that doesn't mean Sunday has to pass unobserved. Mighty-O Donuts is selling its "Box o' Chocolates", "Box o' Roses" and Love Bites by the dozen this weekend.
2. Can't afford doughnuts? Take your mom to Cupcake Royale for a free scoop of ice cream. The promotion ruins all day Sunday; the West Seattle and Madrona shops are serving ice cream sandwiches instead.
3. Sunday's sauce-and-milkshake class at Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery was nearly sold out at presstime, but the shop's also selling $40 milkshake-making kits stocked with a signed copy of Malts & Milkshakes, a jar of Pacific Coast Sea Salt Caramel, and a milkshake glass.
4. If your mom's tastes run toward cheesecake, The Confectional has created a brand new flavor to mark Mother's Day: Blueberry lemon.
5. Finally, Pike Brewing is hosting a Mother's Day pub crawl. The $45 eating-and-drinking tour of Pike Brewing Company, Peddler Brewing Company, Populuxe Brewing, Redhook Ale Brewery, Project V Distillery & Sausage Co. andThe Collective on Tap runs from 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. E-mail email@example.com for more information.