Your Daily Dose of Food News, Events and Must-Read Miscellany
1. Three area restaurants are offering fancy brunch to honor mom on May 11. Wild Ginger in Bellevue is serving a dim sum brunch; The Dining Room at Salish Lodge will feature housemade pastries and plates like lavender brioche french toast and smoked salmon skillet; and Serafina and Cicchetti are teaming up with specialty cocktails and two-course prix fixe menus.
2. Salish Lodge is also worth mentioning for its new addition of Steven Snook as Executive Chef. Snook’s impressive resume includes several Michelin-starred restaurants and an apprenticeship with Gordon Ramsay.
3. Bluebird Microcreamery is honoring local band Tacocat with an ice cream flavor. The flavor is called Choco-Tacocat and involves vanilla ice cream and pieces of chocolate-dipped waffle cones. The creation is set for release on May 1, and Tacocat will be playing the official release party at 6 PM at Bluebird’s Pike location.
4. Move over, Cronut: There’s now a thing called the Wonut, a doughnut/waffle combination that BuzzFeed has dubbed “proof that a benevolent food God exists.”
5. Don’t forget today is free scoop day (froom 2-8) at all Cupcake Royales besides the Madrona and West Seattle locations!