Here’s your cheat sheet for today’s food and drink news:
1. We have the latest on Chuck’s forthcoming Hop Shop location at 20th Ave. and Union St. in the C.D. Although he’d originally been shooting for a May opening, owner Chuck Shin confirmed that he’s now hoping for a late August launch, citing a slower than expected city permitting process as the reason for the holdup. Adding to the bustling Greenwood location, the new all-ages beer and food truck spot will include eight on-site parking spaces. Check Facebook for updates.
2. Geekwire reports that Yelp has thrown its hat into the local restaurant delivery ring alongside. Yelpers should be able to use the service (dubbed Yelp Platform) at local restaurants covered by Eat24 and Delivery.com sometime soon. Check out the Yelp page for NYC’s Republic for an example of how the service works.
3. American Pie opened a second location in the Wallingford Center earlier this month. Adding to its original Georgetown digs, the sweet shop also serves breakfast pies, empanadas, pot pies and other savories. So if pie’s your thing, you’ve got all three meals covered.
4. The Washington Brewer’s Festival held at Marymoor Park last Father’s Day had a record turnout. The 8th annual brewfest featured more than 250 craft beers and reported a headcount of more than 20,000. That’s a 26 percent increase from the year before. Go dad. Go beer.
5. Ivar’s is opening a new location this August in the Lakeside at Canyon Creek Shopping Center in Bothell. The new digs replace the seafood chainlet’s previous Bothell restaurant that shuttered three years back. It will be Ivar’s 24th restaurant location.