Your Daily Dose of Food + Drink News, Events and Must-Read Miscellany
1. Carmelita just published a drink recipe collection via Amazon’s CreateSpace to help support its staff severance fund. Phinneywood reports that the vegetarian restaurant will donate proceeds from Carmelita Cocktails to team members. You can buy a copy online, or in store starting next week until the eatery shutters on September 29.
2. Check out Chipotle’s animated short “The Scarecrow” set to Fiona Apple’s remake of “Pure Imagination” from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The film was just released alongside a companion game that’s free to download at the App Store.
3. Hilliard’s Beer rolled out its new pale ale The 12th Can in time for the 2013-2014 Seahawks season. Seattle Met reports that the beer’s 4.5 percent alcohol content (that’s similar to Busch and Corona, although The 12th Can is bound to be preferred by microbrew fans) is now on the shelf in packs of 12 at QFC, Whole Foods and Met Market.
4. Vito’s on First Hill is throwing a 60th anniversary party tomorrow night. Reservations are recommended.
5. The Seattle Greek Festival is this weekend at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Montlake. The annual food-centric event launched more than 50 years back.