Read on for today’s food and drink conversation starters:
1. BalMar in Ballard is hosting the annual Mojitos Against Mosquitoes fundraiser benefiting Seattle-based NGO the Uganda Village Project this Thursday from 6:00 to 11:00 pm. The $15 admission fee includes drinks and nosh. All proceeds from ticket sales and an on-site auction benefit the non-profit’s work promoting public health and development in Iganga Town, Uganda. Learn more here.
2. Seattle Weekly’s 2011 Best Breakfast winner The Dish is opening a second cafe by the end of the summer in the former Irwin’s space on Latona Ave. in Greenlake. Check Facebook for updates.
3. Fremont’s Wine Tea Chocolate is changing its name to The Barrel Thief. You can preview the freshly remodeled space (with a new menu, brunch service and a whiskey-centric drink list) this Saturday at a launch party beginning at 7:00 pm.
4. This Wednesday, the Seattle Landmarks Preservation Board will decide whether or not the current home of Bill’s Off Broadway will earn historical landmark status. CHS has the details.
5. From now until the end of the month, diners at Wild Ginger’s downtown Bellevue location can enter a drawing to win a trip to Lake Chelan, a vacation in Napa Valley, or more than $1,000 in dining gift cards. More info is over here.