As the song goes: "Saturday night's alright for fighting." Sadly, such seems to have been the case Saturday night and early Sunday morning in Seattle,


Bullets Fly Early Sunday Morning at Two Seattle Bars

As the song goes: "Saturday night's alright for fighting." Sadly, such seems to have been the case Saturday night and early Sunday morning in Seattle, where at least two incidents of violence erupted at local nightclubs -- both resulting in shots fired.

*See Also: The Veterinarian Who Seemed to Hate Animals: State Charges Peter Rule with Abusing Patients

According to police, early Sunday morning officers shot a suspect outside Citrus nightclub who was accused of firing his own gun into the club's crowded parking lot. And just over an hour later, police responded to a Capitol Hill bar near 12th Avenue South and South Jackson Street after receiving reports of shots fired in the area.

The good news is no one was fatally injured, despite the alarming number of bullets flying through the air.

Here's how Seattle police describe the officer-involved shooting outside Citrus nightclub:

On November 25th at approximately 1:57 a.m. Gang Unit detectives were on scene monitoring a crowd letting out of the Citrus nightclub in the 1000 block of Fairview Avenue North. Club security had called 911 earlier to warn police that there might be trouble with the crowd at closing time.

Gang Unit detectives on patrol deployed across the street from the club to monitor the crowd as they exited the club and left the area. It was from this vantage point that the detectives saw a 22-year-old male suspect open fire into the crowded parking lot of the club. The suspect then ran across Fairview Avenue North, gun in hand, at which point he was confronted by three detectives. When the suspect pointed the gun at the detectives, two detectives opened fire, striking the suspect. The suspect was then taken into custody. Detectives recovered his gun and placed it into evidence. Medics were called to the scene and subsequently transported the suspect to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, where he remains under guard. The suspect will be booked into the King County Jail upon his release from the hospital.

According to police, a preliminary investigation indicates there may have been more than one parking lot shooter, with these unknown suspects remaining at large. A 26-year-old man flagged down officers not far from the Citrus nightclub parking lot suffering from a gunshot wound he said came from the disturbance outside the club. Police say he was treated by medics and transported to Harborview with non-life-threatening injuries.

Meanwhile, the officer involved in the shooting will be placed on paid administrative leave pending a review of their actions, which is standard procedure in such instances.

On Capitol Hill, Sunday morning at approximately 3:36 a.m. the violence continued.

According to Seattle police:

At approximately 3:36 a.m. officers responded to a 911 call of shots fired in the area of 12th Avenue South and South Jackson Street. Officers arrived in the area within minutes and located a large group of people standing around in the 1000 block of South Main Street. Officers spoke with people on the street and security officers at the nearby bars. No one claimed to know anything about a shooting and no victims nor property damage was located.

At approximately 3:55 a.m. a 19-year-old male with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his right upper leg was dropped off at Harborview Medical Center's Emergency Room by his friends.

Preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was shot near the intersection of 12th Avenue South and South Main Street following an argument he had with an unknown suspect inside a nearby bar. The suspect appears to have been on foot when he shot the victim. The suspect then fled the scene in an unknown vehicle and remains at large.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned East African male in his 20's, 5'7?, 150 pounds, last seen wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.

Police describe the investigation as active and ongoing.

Follow the Daily Weekly on Facebook & Twitter.

comments powered by Disqus

Friends to Follow