Sarah Huson Mug.jpg
Image Source
Sarah Huson
We all know not to judge a book by its cover, but honestly things aren't looking good for 22-year-old Sarah Huson.


Woman Accused of Abandoning 3-Year-Old Son While She Gambled at the EQC Misses Court

Sarah Huson Mug.jpg
Image Source
Sarah Huson
We all know not to judge a book by its cover, but honestly things aren't looking good for 22-year-old Sarah Huson. Charged last month with abandoning her 3-year-old son at a Fife hotel room while she spent four hours at the Emerald Queen Casino, Huson failed to show up to a pretrial hearing Tuesday - leading the court to issue yet another warrant for her arrest.

After being arrested May 20, Huson was charged in Fife Municipal Court with reckless endangerment, third-degree abandonment of a dependent person, possession of drug paraphernalia, and marijuana possession. Her boyfriend, 26-year-old Scott Weems, who also failed to show up to his pretrial hearing Tuesday, was similarly charged in the incident.

According to charging documents filed in the case, police were dispatched to the Motel 6 in Fife at approximately 5:35 a.m. on the morning of May 21 because of reports of a 3-year-old left unattended in room #219. Upon arriving at the scene police encountered Weems, who reported being the father of the child in question but not the registered room renter. Weems allegedly told authorities he paid for the room, but did not have ID and listed the room under Huson's name. Charging documents indicate police suspected Weems to be under the influence of narcotics.

Investigators state that Weems told them he and Huson had gone for a walk, but at some point he'd returned to the room to check on the child while she kept walking. The only trouble was he didn't have a room key, leaving him unable to get in. He allegedly told authorities that Huson was at the Emerald Queen Casino. According to charging documents, "The male made several statements that did not make sense, did not know the time of day, and changed his story several times on why and how long they were gone."

Upon entering the room, according to court documents, responding officers encountered the naked 3-year-old boy sleeping with his legs off the bed, in addition to a gold-colored marijuana pipe and a glass pipe believed to have been used to smoke meth. Charging documents indicate the officers were never able to find pants for the boy.

At 6:35 a.m. officers tracked down Huson at the Emerald Queen Casino, who after being read her Miranda rights, according to charging documents, admitted to leaving her son in the hotel room. She told police she had been gone for over four hours and thought her boyfriend had returned to the room. At this point she was placed into custody, and found to be in possession of "green vegetable matter," suspected to be marijuana.

According to charging documents Huson subsequently admitted to smoking pot and meth in the hotel room the night before and told authorities it was "selfish" to leave her 3-year-old at the Motel 6 unattended. Huson gave consent to search the room, at which point the drug paraphernalia was obtained by authorities and it was also discovered that a smoke detector had been tampered with.

A report in The News Tribune indicates a third party called Wednesday to discuss Huson's warrant, and that Weems had contacted the court to say he couldn't make it due to a medical issue.

Not surprisingly, The Trib also reports that Huson's son was placed in state custody following the incident.

Follow The Daily Weekly on Facebook & Twitter.

comments powered by Disqus