Lawrence Earl Davis, Kitsap County Man Upset Over Suitcase on Prized Pool Table, Allegedly Tazes Two House Guests

We've all had irritating houseguests. We've all wished they'd just leave already. And, when said guests have put their suitcase on our pool table, we've all shot them with a Taser. That is, if our name is Lawrence Earl Davis, and if our houseguests are to be believed.

It started on Saturday night. According to Deputy Scott Wilson of the Kitsap County Sheriff's office, Davis, 42, had been drinking heavily at the East Bremerton home that he shares with his elderly mother. He got into a heated exchange with one of the several relatives of his visiting from Virginia.

It was a "family dispute that had been simmering for a long time and came to a head," Wilson says, declining to elaborate. Davis stormed out of the house, on the 3000 block of Ridgeway Drive, and was gone all night.

As two of Davis' cousins later told police, when Davis came home early Sunday morning, they had been packing in hopes of leaving before his return.

He went berserk upon seeing one of his guests' suitcases on his pool table. Amid a cascade of curses, he chucked the luggage across the room. One of his relatives then hit Davis over the head with a wooden bellows, according to an account of the incident in the Kitsap Sun.

A wooden bellows.
Davis retreated to his upstairs bedroom, where he pulled out a Taser gun. Upon walking back out of his room, Davis was approached by his 58-year-old female cousin. He shot the woman with the Taser, and she fell down the staircase. The Taser victim's 56-year-old sister grabbed Davis by the arm, and he gave her a Taser bump to the chest.

Davis' house guests subdued him and called 911 shortly after 7 a.m. Kitsap County Sheriff's office deputies responded, and after interviewing all parties involved, arrested a still-inebriated Davis.

Davis told a different story to cops. He'd gone back home Sunday morning to apologize to his relatives for his role in the previous evening's disagreement, he maintained, when his unappreciative houseguests accosted him. He fled to his bedroom and only used the Taser in self-defense.

Davis has been charged with two counts of fourth-degree assault and one count of reckless endangerment, all gross misdemeanors. After 18 hours in jail, he posted $15,000, and is due back in court next month.

"It's ridiculous," Deputy Wilson concludes. "It never should have gone this way. He'd already left the house the night before."

Follow The Daily Weekly on Facebook and Twitter.

comments powered by Disqus

Friends to Follow