Attention job seekers! We know that finding an employer who will actually pay for your work has become quite difficult these days. But the good news is that plenty of businesses will let you come work for free. In fact, you can begin your career in something awesome like, say, marijuana cultivation, right now as an unpaid intern for a Everett-area marijuana co-op.
MMP co-op needs Master Grow Tech to teach cannabis classes and run 2100 sq ft 21000 watt grow-op and greenhouse. Must be familiar with all grow mediums. Graduates of Oaksterdam and Portlandsterdam preferred. Applications for unpaid internships welcome. Call 425 225 6115 or fax 425 948 6222, Send resumes to The Healing Connection PO Box 4388, Everett, Wa 98204.
State law lays out guidelines for hiring unpaid interns. Basically they have to be getting some kind of vocational or educational training and can't be made to just be a general office bitch.
Here are the requirements:
1. The training, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to that which would be given in an educational environment or vocational school (see more details below).
2. The training is for the benefit of the trainee.
3. The trainees do not displace regular employees, but work under their close supervision (see more details below).
4. The business that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the trainees, and may in fact be impeded.
5. The trainees are not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the training period (see more details below).
6. The trainees understand they are not entitled to wages for the time spent in the training.
Lisa Hernandez over at Oaksterdam University, the now-famous Oakland-area "marijuana university" that Mark mentions in his job ad, tells Seattle Weekly that any intern who was hired at an outside co-op or dispensary would receive no credit toward their education at Oaksterdam.
No one is currently answering the Mark's phone. But from what we hear, it's mostly reporters like me who are calling anyway.