Published author Glenn Beck is either making air quotes or bunny shadow-puppets. We report, you decide.
Mt. Vernon's favorite son is writing a novel. Glenn Beck's second foray into fiction (if you count the creepy children's book he wrote last Christmas but exclude his nightly show on Fox News, hiyo!) is about a group called the Founders Keepers who wage civil war in America.
Beck has entitled the book, due in June, "The Overton Window." Which, as Gawker explains, is an allusion to a political science term that just might explain the phenomenon that allowed a lunatic like Beck to become a respected authority in the first place.
But I digress. Here now, 10 titles that Beck rejected for his new novel.*
10. "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Penis"
9. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being a Complete Idiot"
8. "Chicken Soup for the Soul Your Government Is Trying to Steal"
7. "Beck's Head Revisited"
6. "All the King's Men Are Fascists"
5. "Go Yell It on the Mountain"
4. "Sometimes a Great Nation"
3. "A Farewell to Brains"
2. "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Kook"
1. "The Sound and the Fury"
*Some of these titles are more like what people who think Beck is legitimately insane would name his book. And by "some" I mean "most."