On February 4th, Janna Scott's six-month-old son Jacob started choking. He was unable to breathe, his eyes rolling back in his head, when Janna made a frantic call to 911 and heard a familiar voice on the other end of the line.
Janna's husband Chris is a 23-year-old Iraq War veteran in the last stages of training to be an emergency dispatcher in Thurston County. He's also responsible for saving his young son's life.Chris calmly instructed Janna to turn Jacob over onto his stomach and pat him five times between the shoulder blades. She did, and the boy soon coughed up a small piece of plastic.
Jacob is said to be showing no ill effects after going breathless for a minute and a half. And Chris had extra reason to be thankful; after the harrowing call, he was allowed to take the rest of the day off to spend with his grateful family.