If you're a Facebook user, you've probably been seen those posts titled "25 Random Things About Me," where you write 25 intimate secrets about yourself,>"/>
If you're a Facebook user, you've probably been seen those posts titled "25 Random Things About Me," where you write 25 intimate secrets about yourself, then share them with 25 people you may or may not know. They in turn do the same, and so on, and so on. It's like a chain letter, except instead of getting threatened with bad luck if you break the chain, you tell people about the time you made out with the assistant manager of a Little Caesar's for free Crazy Bread.
Naturally, with every craze comes the inevitable backlash. My favorite so far is from TIME magazine -- in her article "25 Things I Didn't Want to Know About You," writer Claire Suddath complains that this "viral narcissism has sent roughly 800,000 hours of worktime productivity down the drain." She then proceeds to list 25 things she found in 25 of the lists she received from her Facebook friends, which I'll wager took more worktime compiling than just writing her own list.
encourage our workers to be as productive as possible. In that spirit,
we've created "25 Random Things About You." This should cover all your
confessional needs. If you want, feel free to replace every 'you' with
an 'I' and/or 'me' and post away. And then get back to work - there's
a recession on.
25 Random Things About You
1. You were born quite a few years ago - so long ago that you can't
remember the actual birth. But you're pretty sure it happened.
2. You like
3. The place where you live has a floor and a ceiling.
And windows. Probably.
4. You've seen either Titanic, Star Wars, The
Wizard of Oz, or two of those, or all three.
5. You are proudly
embarrassed by the first album/CD/8-Track you ever purchased.
knows exactly how you got that scar.
7. When you're cold, you wish you
were warmer. But when you're warm, you don't always wish you were colder.
8. You liked something once, then everybody else started liking it too,
and after that you liked it a little bit less.
9. When you were nine, you
either joined the circus, became a hobo, started a cult or attended
10. You have doubts about the veracity of one of the
following: astrology, the first Moon landing, the existence of ghosts, and/or Keanu Reeves'
11. A cocktail sounds really good right about now.
favorite TV show is about the (mis)adventures of either a doctor, a lawyer,
a crime fighter or a truck-driving chimp.
13. Speaking of TV, you
absolutely HATE that one commercial they always show. You know the one
- the one with the guy who says that thing. Hate it!
14. As a child you
were once good at one of the following sports: tetherball, kickball,
Red Rover and/or mixed martial arts.
15. You have a catchphrase that at one
point was kinda cool. It's not cool anymore, but you're not sure how to
stop yourself from saying it.
16. If you take how well you think you dance
and divide it in half, that's how well you actually dance. (OK, that
one is more about me. Sorry.)
17. You have a very specific preference
between French fries, curly fries, seasoned curly fries and steak
fries. And don't even get you started on dipping sauces.
18. Somebody's got a birthday coming up in the next twelve months!
Happy Birthday, You!
19. You're still thinking about #11.
20. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.
21. You hate getting sick,
but you love laying on the couch all day watching movies.
22. You still get
a bit nostalgic about your first childhood pet. But don't worry; I'm
sure she/he is in dog/cat/goldfish/Chia heaven.
23. You giggle at the
phrase "stimulus package" 'cause it sounds sorta dirty.
24. You want to know what love is -- and what's more, you want someone to show you.
25. On Server Reboot Wednesdays, you love to close all
your programs before leaving the office, 'cause that's how you roll
Tag, you're it.