1. Best candidate for mayor
2. Best-dressed public official
3. Best activist/hell-raiser
4. Best municipal scandal
5. Best off-leash area
6. Best nude beach
"There is one?"
7. Best historical building
8. Best jogging route
9. Best affordable neighborhood
10. Best unaffordable neighborhood
11. Best Seattle pro athlete
12. Best amateur Seattle sports team
UW women's softball
13. Best downtown all-day parking deal
14. Best radio traffic reports
15.a) Best TV weather reports (station)
15.b) Best TV weather reports (person)
Steve Pool, KOMO-4
16. Best place for pick-up basketball
17. Best place to propose to your significant other
18. Best place to rent space for your dot-com startup
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
19. Best live-music club
20. Best dance-music night
Re-bar "Queer Disco" (Thurs.)
21. Best place to rent an obscure foreign film
22. Best movie theater lobby to wait in
23. Best intermission people-watching
24. Best pre-show valet parking
5th Avenue Theater
25. Best all-ages club
"There are none left."
26. Best place to bump into a Chihuly
27. Best TV news theme music
28. Best place to heckle slam poets
29. Best place to sit in Benaroya Hall
30. Best karaoke
31. Best bowling alley
32. Best mini-golf
Interbay Family Golf Center
33. Best museum
Seattle Art Museum
34. Best gallery
Greg Kucera Gallery
35. Best dot-com to buy your tickets online
FOOD, BARS & RESTAURANTS
36. Best new restaurant
37. Best nonsmoking bar
38. Best burger
39. Best pot stickers
40. Best waitstaff
41. Best restaurant table decorations
42. Best pizza
43. Best barista banter
44. Best burritos
Taco Del Mar
45. Best coffee joint to bring your laptop
46. Best place to expect a huge tip if you're a waiter
47. Best neighborhood Italian joint
48. Best grocery store salad bar
49. Best tofu dishes
50. Best place to order five-star spicy food
Tup Tim Thai
51. Best corporate cafeteria
52. Best bartender
Ben Dougherty, Zig Zag Caf鼯B>
53. Best dot-com food delivery service
STORES & SERVICES
54. Best in-person travel agency
Doug Fox Travel
55. Best independent shoe store
56. Best grocery store checkout line
57. Best aerobics instructor
Trisha Murphy, Pumakicks Conditioning Club
58. Best car detailing
Elephant Car Wash
59. Best diaper service
Baby Diaper Service
60. Best place to buy power tools
61. Best department store sales staff
62. Best place to get a keg
Red Hook Ale Brewery
63. Best place to gear up for climbing Rainier
64. Best tattoo/piercing parlor
Slave to the Needle
65. Best place to buy vinyl records
66. Best antique store
67. Best place to buy eyeglasses
68. Best pet grooming
Kristi's Grooming Co.
69. Best high-end computer store for your dot-com startup
70. (BONUS) Best idea for becoming a dot-com billionaire
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Meet Jeffrey Smith! He's won a getaway for two to Vancouver, BC!
Q: Where are you from?
A: "I'm from Bellevue, born in Seattle."
Q: What do you do for a living?
A: Reading, dog walking, and music
Q: Who will you take to Vancouver?
A: "I'll be taking my life partner, Jacqueline."
Q: What'll you do in Canada, eh?
A: "I'll be relaxing and walking in BC. Thanks!"
Michael Harkovitch! You've won a dinner for two at the NEW Wild Ginger!
Q: Where are you from?
A: Fairbanks, Alaska
Q: What to you do?
A: Library assistant for Seattle Public Library; "However, I am an aspiring librarian. (Subject to change at a moment's notice.)"
Q: What's your favorite dinner spot?
A: "Currently, it's Bamboo Garden."
Q: Any final words?
A: "Wow, this is so cool! Thanks a lot!"
Christie Overland! You've won a fabulous Seattle Weekly T-shirt!
Q: Where are you from originally?
Q: What do you do?
Q: What will you do with your T-shirt?
A: "Wear it."