Grand Prize Winner
Meet George De Pasquale of Seattle! He's won a getaway for a free night in Vancouver, BC's luxurious Listel Hotel, including dinner>"/>
Grand Prize Winner
Meet George De Pasquale of Seattle! He's won a getaway for a free night in Vancouver, BC's luxurious Listel Hotel, including dinner for two and breakfast!
Q: Where are you from originally?
A: New York, been in Seattle for five years
Q: What do you do for a living?
Q: Any hobbies?
A: tango dancing
Q: Who are you taking to Vancouver?
Q: Any plans for what you'll do in Canada?
A: "I'm just going to have a good time."
Copies of Seattle's Best Places (Sasquatch Books) awarded to:
1) from Seattle, born in Bellingham (a native!)
2) She's retired; she likes to travel and work in her garden
3) Seattle's best place: "If I had to pick one, I'd say Pike Place Market."
1) Originally from Anchorage, Alaska; been in the area for a year
2) a stay-at-home mom with a 3-year-old
3) Seattle's best place: "I'm still too new...I guess the Pacific Science Center"
1) Originally from New York; been in Seattle for eight years
2) a student, studying forest resources
3) Seattle's best place: "Gas Works Park; I'm particularly drawn to public spaces that are quirky. I like the philosophy of reusing the site and knowing the area's history."
1) Originally from NY, she's been in Seattle for two years, in Washington state for eight years
2) works at film production company
3) Seattle's best place: Open Books
Laura & John Seuferling
1) He's from NY and has been in Seattle seven years; she's from Wisconsin, been here 10 years
2) He's a graphic designer; she's the Director of Health Services at Valley Medical Center
3) Seattle's best place: Metropolitan Grill. "They serve great French Onion Soup and Peppercorn Steak and have pictures of famous people who ate there on the walls."
Recipients of Seattle Weekly T-Shirts:
1) from Colorado, been in Seattle three years, would like it a lot more if it ever stopped raining
2) currently in medical residency
3) What will you do with your T-shirt? "Besides wearing it? I hadn't really thought about it yet."
1) native Olympian
2) "lab superhero"
3) What will you do with your T-shirt? "I'm going to wear it all over Olympia to show everyone how much culture I have."
1) native Seattleite
3) What will you do with your T-shirt? "Wear it running."
Carrol & Bob Robins
1) Both been here since 1967; New York City before that
2) (she) educational consultant, (he) research scientist
3) What will you do with your T-shirt? "When we take pictures of ourselves, we'll be wearing them."
1) born in Fort Laughten, native Seattleite
2) retired; enjoys art, music, theater
3) What will you do with your T-shirt? "Probably wear it!"
Go back to the 1999 Best of Seattle main page >>.